Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Boy At The Playground

James loves the playground. I mean REALLY loves it and wants to go every day. Because I'm "a cool mom" (cue scene in Mean Girls) I take him to the playground every single solitary day. I love seeing him go down the big boy slides, love to see the joy on his face when he races up the stairs, and love to see him interacting with other kids.

But here's the kicker. Going to the playground every day means you're bound to catch some germs and sickness' from time to time. We are a VERY blessed and healthy family but the darn playground has sent some nasties our way.

Last weekend James got a cold and cough. Then a viral looking rash popped up on his belly. He never complained once. I took him to the Doctor on Monday and I'm so happy I did. Turns out that my tough little dude has an ear infection. I never would have thought he had one so I guess the rash was God's way of giving me a clue to take him in! He's got his medicine now and I am happy to report he is doing just grand!

Moral of the story- Take your kids to the playground. But don't be surprised when they take germs home with them. Hey, it happens! And it helps build up their immune system.

Happy playing!

Outfit details-

Beanie- Target
Cardigan- Macy's
Tee- H&M
Cords- Target
Shoes- Gifted












No comments:

Post a Comment