Friday, February 15, 2013

Birthday Babble.

Today is my birthday and I am 27 years old. My husband likes to tease me that I'm almost 30 but the truth is, I don't feel anywhere near 30. Except for the fact that I found over 20 gray hairs in my head yesterday. Fabulous. I feel like just yesterday I had my 21st birthday. But then I think of ALL the things that have happened since then and 27 sounds about right.

I am so thankful for where I am in my life at 27. I'm married. I have a beautiful baby boy. I have the sweetest dog in the world. I am so content and so happy. I'm proud of where I am in my life.

26 was good to me, as was every single other year of my life. I've got it made in the shade. God has been so good to me and my family and I know 27 will be no different.

This year I hope to worry less, pray more, continue to lead a healthy lifestyle which could always use improving, and go on more adventures. I want to put my phone away often, live in the present, only say and do things that will lift people up, and be content at all times.

My husband brought me Starbucks in bed this morning and we're going to pick up lunch and bring it to the playground to have a picnic. Because when you have kids, you always go to the playground. Even on your own birthday. I will be making my husband watch You've Got Mail today because it's my favorite and he can't say no on my birthday. For dinner delicious tofu pad thai will be delivered to my door. We may even get a little shopping in. I may even be bad and have one delicious solo cupcake from my favorite local cupcake joint. I'm going to spend the day hanging with my boys and on Monday I will visit my family and re-celebrate with them.

I got two bags and five powder cases from Petunia, the exact pair of Minnetonka moccs I had been wanting, a car charger for my iPhone which will be a lifesaver, new lounge pants, and tons of love from my guys today.

I couldn't have asked for more.

Thank you Lord, for blessing me with another year on your beautiful Earth. And thank you for letting me spend my life with the most amazing people whom I love with my whole heart.

I jumped in on these photos because its my birthday and I'm the boss today! Also, taking photos of James is one thing, but posing with him is a whole different story.. MUCH harder!!

Outfit details on James-
Shirt- H&M
Jeans- Shawn White for Target

Outfit details on me-
Chambray- American Eagle Outfitters
Jeans- Target
Moccasins- Minnetonka
Bag- Petunia Pickle Bottom CAKE carryall in French Gooseberry
Watch- Michael Kors Gold Oversized Runway Watch.







No comments:

Post a Comment