Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sweet Summer Breakfast Treat: Blueberry Muffins

When it comes to baking, I usually stick to desserts like cookies and cupcakes. I've been trying to get James in the kitchen with me more because he loves it! He's becoming quite the professional egg cracker! 

I've also been trying to branch out and make new recipes so I thought simple homemade blueberry muffins would be perfect for the two of us to make together. 

Ingredients- 

6 tbl butter
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder 
1 tsp salt 
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg plus 2 egg yolks 
1 tsp vanilla 
1 cup milk 
1 and 3/4 cups blueberries 

Directions- 

Mix the butter and sugar first. 
Mix all ingredients except flour, milk, and blueberries. 
Mix in the flour and milk rotating back and forth a little at a time until its all mixed in. 
Fold in the blueberries with your hands.



Line your cupcake baking tray with cupcake papers. 


Scoop your batter in. Fill them very full. Sprinkle sugar on top... be generous! Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 min but be sure to watch them! 


Once the muffins are ready, sprinkle them with a little more sugar (hi, I like sugar- can you tell?!) 

Remove them from the cupcake tray and let them cool a little before eating!! 


These were a big hit with my family! Nothing says breakfast quite like a warm, delicious blueberry muffin! Enjoy! 

Hope you're all having a happy week. Last night my husband and I were able to sneak in a date night to see Now You See Me and it was so good!! Our week has been great so far!

9 comments:

  1. Muffins actually aren't really my favorite, but I ALWAYS make an exception for blueberry! Something about the berries makes them moist and yummy and delicious. Yum.

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a bad sweet tooth. Muffins cakes cookies cupcakes you name it and I want it haha

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the blog comment!

    These look SO good!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Blueberry muffins are my fave thing ever! I just picked up some of the bagged muffin mix that you just add milk to! Lol, but I've made them home made before and there so much better!! I'm gona try these! I always sprinkle sugar on top often too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a smart girl! I love the bagged mix! I even love the less than a dollar jiffy blueberry muffin mix. Have you tried that? I swear they are so good haha.

      Delete
  4. I could eat my weight in muffins so I will def be trying this. Looks delicious!!! Following your blog. Hope you stop by I would love to have you follow back ;)

    www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete