Friday, July 19, 2013

Aviator Nation And Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone

Have you guys heard of Aviator Nation? It was started by Paige Mycoskie, sister to Blake, the founder of TOMS shoes.. Both of whom were on The Amazing Race, a show we LOVE. 

Everything is handmade in the USA right there. Rad to the bone. 



They have a store in Venice and a store in Manhattan Beach. 

While I was down south staying with my family recently we checked out the Venice Beach location one day recently and then proceeded to drive to the Manhattan Beach location the very next day. We're crazy. 

I seriously wanted everything in the stores. The kids stuff is TO. DIE. FOR. Here is a peek-


I bought James a crazy amount of stuff- tees, tanks, sweatshirts, and hoodies. I also got a tee for me and a tee for my husband. Truth be told, I wanted every single thing in there but the price tags are really high. (A kids tee = $35, Adult tee = $70... Kids hoodies and sweat shirts start at $100 and I didn't even LOOK at the adult hoodies...) I am really excited to take some photos of James in everything. He is going to be mega styling. 

Everything there has a vintage feel.. They even make everything on vintage machines so it's legit and each piece is one of a kind. 

I preferred the Manhattan Beach location in case anyone cares to make the journey out there. It was way bigger, the manager was awesome, and it was so quiet and mellow and made shopping a breeze. 

Anyway...

I had mega plans to take cute photos of James in back of the Venice shop because the building makes for the perfect photo ops but he was asleep in the stroller the whole time. (He was also asleep in the stroller the entire time at the manhattan store.. Go figure.) 

I really couldn't let a good photo op pass me up though so today I am stepping in for James. It's totally outside my comfort zone to get in front of the camera. 

I love fashion. I love clothes. I shop every single day. But modeling is not yet on my résumé so this will not become a regular thing. 

Please give me some props for filling in James' big shoes! My sister helped to fill in too. 





My outfit details- 

Hat-  Free People


Jeans- Stevie/Anthropologie

Shoes- Salt Waters

Watch- Michael Kors Golden Oversized Runway

Bracelets- Bree's Bracelets (My friend makes amazing bracelets. She's @breesbracelets on IG)

Tassel Necklace- Ascot Friday


So that's a wrap folks! If you ever find yourself around Los Angeles, you definitely want to fit in a trip to Aviator Nation in your schedule. It's an awesome place to stop in even if you don't buy anything and each purchase comes in the cutest bag with free stickers and cozies. 

4 comments:

  1. You're a natural. :) That store is so cute, i cant even believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slightly to mildly obsessed with that store now. I love it so much!

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Candice, I can't believe I've been following your blog this whole time. This post sounded super familiar. I started recalling a post about Venice Beach on the PPB board, and then there you are in the same pic you posted on the board. Small world!

    -Bianca

    ReplyDelete