Saturday, July 6, 2013

Today Is My Mom's Birthday

I will spare you the novel I wrote on my social media sites about my mom. But the thing is, my mom DESERVES a novel. She deserves a lot more than that even. 

My mom is like a real life superwoman. I bet a lot of people think that about their moms, but mine really is. 

She gives until she has nothing left to give. She is the most selfless person I know. She is beautiful and kind and sees the good in everyone. 

She was the room mom every year. Came to every single event I ever cheered at. Made a homemade dinner and dessert every night. 

She stayed home with us vs working. She is a constant reminder to me just how important that is and every day I am thankful I can stay home and do the same with James. 

When James was born, she came to my house every single morning for over a month to cook, clean, and do my laundry while I slept in.

She taught me to know and love Jesus. The most important thing you could ever do for your kid. 

She sacrificed buying herself anything so she could buy my sister and I everything. 

She loves her family with a huge love and pours blessings on us daily. 


^^ Me and my mom via 1986. 

The number ONE thing my mom has done for me though, is been my mother. And while that may not seem like a lot to the world, it has meant everything to me. It's people like my mom who raise amazing generations of kind and loving people who make the world a better place. 

Thank you, mom for giving me everything. 


And now, some photos of her special day. 

We started the day off with presents and breakfast. We headed out to the mall where I spoiled my mom with some shopping. 

For lunch we went to a fancy crepe place that I take her to each year for her birthday. Tradition at its finest. 





^^ I had a delicious and healthy egg white sandwich. 


^^ I may or may not have majorly bribed James while we were there. Candy, portable DVD player, you name it. He was good as gold. 


^^ don't know who that man is but whoa look at that sparkler!



We spent the rest of the day just being together. It was amazing. 

We are planning on having a nice dinner in and of course her birthday wouldn't be complete without me ordering and designing a cake from our favorite bakery. 


"Happy birthday to the best mom and me-ma" (what James calls grandma) Lemon cake with cream cheese frosting. The best. 


James even got a puppy cupcake..



Happy birthday, mom! I love you so much. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this! What a sweet tribute to your beautiful mom. It's such an amazing thing to be so close to your mom as you become a mother yourself. Glad she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet words. I am definitely blessed.

      Delete
  2. Aw, what a sweet post, your mom sounds amazing! Happy birthday to her!!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete