Friday, September 20, 2013

DIY: Hoop Art Wall


So now that we have this big house, I have all these walls to hang things and all kinds of spaces to fill. Combine that with the fact that I've recently become obsessed with Pinterest, and the result is YOU GUYS seeing some DIY posts on this little blog of mine. 

Lets set one thing straight first, I am not a DIY type of gal and I'm really not crafty at all with the exception of ribbon wreaths. Ribbon wreaths I am the master of. 

So basically what I'm trying to say is that if I can do this, you can do this!

The total cost of this project was under $40 and it was really fun to do!

My original plan was to buy a bunch of different embroidered hoops but once I priced everything out, it would have cost me $40 for just ONE hoop and I wanted ten to cover a good chunk of my wall. I quickly scratched that idea and came up with my own plan. 

Supplies needed- 

-Hoops. You can find these at JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, or pretty much any craft store. 

-Fabric scraps, fabric, crochet doilies, anything you want to put in your hoops. Again, check craft stores, thrift stores, vintage stores, anywhere really! I collected these each time I found ones I really loved. Fabric stores sell their scraps for really cheap!

-Hot glue gun. 

Instructions- 

1. Open your fabric hoops and pull your fabric in it tightly. 

2. Cut the access fabric from all around the hoop. 

3. There will be a little bit of extra fabric around all of the edges so hot glue them to the back. 

4. Steam the fabric if there are any wrinkles or kinks. 

5. Hang them on your wall!

Here are some photos I took of my process-








And there they all are arranged nicely and hanging on one of my dining room walls!

This project took me less than an hour to complete and with my mom helping it was really fun, too!

I love the way it turned out and now I want to cover every empty space in my house with MORE HOOPS. 

I have lots more DIY projects to share with you guys in the next coming weeks so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment