Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Day For James

Yesterday I woke up and thought- Today I'm going to make everything about James. Now, I have that attitude every day but I really wanted to go above and beyond yesterday and fill the day with back to back things James would love. 


We woke up and made homemade blueberry muffins. I've been trying to get James into the kitchen with me more because he loves to help dump everything in the bowl, mix, and breaking eggs is his favorite. 


^^ Our muffins came out pretty darn delicious. 


Next we watched Up (the movie James now chooses to watch time and time again) while we did some sword fighting. I spend a good majority of every day sword fighting this little guy. 


^^ We headed outside after. So this is kind of cheating because I wanted to go on my daily jog and my dog needed it, too... But in my defense James likes being outside and he got to eat fruit snacks during the 2 miles so I think he enjoyed it..


^^ Next stop was obviously the playground. You knew that was going to be part of our day right? I mean, it's James' favorite! You'll see more pictures from this trip next week because the outfit is too cute to not do a seperate post on. James got to play long and hard. 


Unless you're living under a rock you've heard of the new frostee waffle cones at Wendy's. I took James out for one... Above he's thinking- what the heck did my mom just give me?!!


^^ I guess I should try it... 


^^ James gives it two baby thumbs up. 
(Also please note we were not driving hence why he isn't buckled in his seat.)


We also took naps, went to the store to buy Tangled and watched that, did some coloring and cutting (cutting is his fav), read books, played cars, went swimming, and took a bike ride. None of which I got pictures of so please use your imagination (my house is a wreck). 

Yesterday was amazing and it was all for James. No I would probably not CHOOSE to play cars and swords or go to the playground every day but things change when you have a kid and pretty soon you realize you WOULD choose to do those things because that's what your kid would choose, and you want to do what makes them happy. 

On another note, James and I had to wake up at 4 am to being daddy 30 min to work and 30 min back home. I do not appreciate being up that early and neither does James. Bless my husband for doing it day after day. Good thing we did EVERYTHING yesterday because I have a feeling today is a pjs kind of day!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, a re-appearance of the Peter Pan hat, I love it. I'm glad you guys had a fun day together. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, me too! I'm glad we did lots yesterday because I am so so tired today! We managed a quick trip to the playground super early today and a Starbucks date for a pick me up and I even got to sneak an hour nap in when James went down for his nap!

      Delete