Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day



To all the wonderful mothers in the world,  today is for you. Being a mother is the hardest job in the whole world, but it is also the best and most fulfilling, too. 



I have always wanted to be a mother and that dream came true on April 26th, 2011. There's nothing I would rather be than a mother. My son fills up every part of my heart and because of him I love a crazy huge love that I never knew I could. 



Not one day goes by that I wish I was out working a job or doing something else. Being a mother is my calling and I am so blessed that I can stay home and mother my son every second of every day. 



I am fortunate in that I have an amazing mother who is beautiful, selfless, and kind. A mother who epitomizes what every mother should be and a mother who puts all others before herself. I have had a perfect example to learn from my whole life, and for that I am thankful beyond words. 

To every mother, I hope you get to sleep in, take naps, and have a day off from doing dishes today. 


I will be spending the day with my mother, my grandmother, and all my family. We're gathering together by the beach today to feast and enjoy company. I brought a FEAST of treats for everyone to enjoy because baking is my love language and my most favorite thing to do. I also made a big tray of these goodies for all my mom friends to enjoy. 



I made three different kinds of cookies- peanut butter, chocolate chip, and chocolate with white chocolate chips. Then I made double chocolate devils food cupcakes, two different kinds of candy bark (not pictured) and the most amazing chocolate and peanut butter brownies with pretzels and sea salt. I will share a recipe or two this week with you all because the stuff came out the bomb!

I was under the impression that my husband would be working on Mother's Day so James and I packed up and headed down to see my fam yesterday. My husband told me to expect a package around 8pm and I thought it would be something like Pro Flowers since you can pick the date and time of delivery for those... He called me at 8 to ask if the package arrived yet and he was outside!!!! Best husband ever. Not only can he spend Mother's Day with me but he took the week off, too!! I also got some sweet gifts and a shopping spree approval. The best gift of all, though, is the gift of my son and the opportunity to love him and raise him and take care of him always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment