Sunday, October 20, 2013

Okay

I know I can't be the only one who struggles with the worry monster right? Why must I worry? Sometimes I get worried that I have nothing to worry about. It's like at some point worry just got into my life and became a part of me. 

My husband has helped me out so much with my worrying. He is cool, calm, and collected all of the time. And I strive for that. Most of all, I strive for Jesus to take away my worry. It is the number one thing I struggle with. So why am I sharing about it? Because I don't think I'm the only worrier out there. Some of you may be like me. I always find this passage especially uplifting. 

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4: 6-7



Every day I make a conscience effort NOT to worry. To lift my burdens up to God instead and let him carry them. Each morning when I get up I pray. I pray for everything I'm thinking and feeling and worrying about. I pray that God will take my worries away, and sustain me. And it has helped tremendously. And then I am thankful. I focus on all of the good, all of the blessings, and everything going right. 

If you're a worrier, I encourage you to take that passage to heart and pray over it. 

I thought it fitting that James is wearing an OKAY tee because everything will always be OKAY. Now talking fashion, I have to say that this outfit is seriously my new favorite of his. You guys know I'm obsessed with prefresh and now I found this awesome shop on Etsy called Carly Megan that makes PERFECT Harem pants! I could not be more excited!! 

On this particular day we spent the morning at the playground and then spent the day at the Pasadena Art and Food Walk with our close friends. It was a great day!! I guess every year Pasadena does this art and food festival for the community. All the local restaurants come out and set up booths so there's tons of samples and amazing food to eat. Then there's a whole other section of art booths, free museum entrances to all the museums downtown, and lots of arts and craft sections for the kids. It is a really cool idea and we had a blast. Pasadena gets tons of money from all the rich people who live here so they are always putting things like this on. Thank you rich people! 

We are really loving our new place and this fabulous community that we get to be part of!

I hope everyone is having an amazing week, worry free, happy, and OKAY!

Playground shots- 








Art walk shots-




^^ He seriously had a blast! There was tons of live music and James was clapping and dancing away. It was so fun to watch him. 



^^ my husband is so hot right now. 


Outfit Details-

Tee- c/o Prefresh

Skinny Harem Pants- Carly Megan

Moccs (ox blood) - c/o Freshly Picked

No comments:

Post a Comment