Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello Monday, Hello James

Welp, it's Monday again! Is it just me or do the weeks go by WAY. TOO. FAST?!!

So this week was (mostly) spent at home in Bakersfield. After ALL that driving we did, we basically just lounged and took it easy. We swam, we sat, we watched a lot of TV. Vegging out at its finest. 

We made a four hour round trip to Ventura because I'm crazy (more on that in a previous post). And on Friday we drove two hours to see my family AGAIN. I'm telling you, I see my family and stay with them 50% of the time. We're going to be here for a week and have some fun stuff planned. (Like the birthday party we went to yesterday that I just posted about). 

Anyway, here's what we've been saying hello to!


Hello to coming home to a LOT of packages. This is less than one weeks worth of my online shopping. Ya, I shop A TON. 


Hello to Happy Meals inside Target. Bribery at its finest. 


Hello to my new favorite hair product. Meet Beach Waves by The Gnarly Whale. I'm guilty of washing, blow drying, and straightening every day and I'm trying to be better about it. This product has been a lifesaver for letting my hair air dry!


Hello to swim days. 


Hello to the new bag I'm obsessed with. 


Hello to lunch dates with your bestie. 


Hello to another kimono from The Oxford Trunk. You guys, I'm obsessed. 


Hello to dry shampoo. Oh my gosh you guys. Mind blown. So I usually wash daily and I'm really bad about using a lot of hear products but I'm super determined to be a healthy platinum blonde so I knew I needed to change my game plan. Insert dry shampoo. I picked up this bottle from Target and it is my new best friend. All I did was spray it on my roots and my hair INSTANTLY looked like it had just been washed. It's going to save me so much getting ready time and be my best friend on the in between wash days. 



Hello to my new favorite picture in the whole world. Oh my gosh you guys. I was dying when I took this. Classic. 

Hello, hello, HELLLLLOOOO to finally being able to shop H&M online. I'm freaking out. We don't have one near us so I can only go when we visit my parents.. Now I can shop from the comfort of my own home. This could be bad. Real bad. 


Hello to the cutest little rascal refusing to let his grandma buckle him in. 




Hello to going through old photos that flood you with amazing nostalgia. I've had a wonderful life surrounded by love and friendships I will cherish forever. Those were the glory days! Look how young my husband looks!!


Hello to our ritual of going to Starbucks on Sunday mornings. We read bible stories while we are there and feast on whatever James wants. Please note the tiny stack of books and the old flip phone he insisted on taking. I love him SO. 

Thanks for letting me recap our week for you. How was your week?? Let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try dry shampoo forever and have never done it yet. I can't let my hair air dry either. I look like one big frizz head when I do. It's really bad.

    You and H&M might not be a good thing. Just a guess from looking at the first picture LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Angie right?! H&M online is so bad for me!! I would still rather shop in person though!! You'll have to try dry shampoo and let me know!!

      Delete