Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello Monday, Hello James

How is it already Monday?! Seriously! Boo hiss. We had the BEST week and I'm sad that it's over and that my husband is back at work today. 

Seriously, I can not express enough how important it is for married couples with kids to get away now and then and spend quality time alone together. I felt like we needed this so much. It sounds lame but I re fell in love with my husband on this trip. I loved every minute we spent together and it was just amazing. 

Since our week was so jammed packed I thought I would share some highlights of each day with you today for my Hello Monday post. So here we go. 

Hello Monday-


Hello to a super squishy ride down South to start our trip. I saw no point in my husband having to take his truck so I packed my car up SO FULL. I even had to hold pies the whole time and yes, before anyone asks, that's my bra. My lady parts need support, don't yours?!

We checked into our hotel, met up with Derek's fam, got dinner, and went swimming. The hotel upgraded us to a huge handicapped suite that was seriously as big as my house. Score. 

Hello Tuesday- 


Hello to finding time to do a few errands while on vacation like getting my car serviced. And hello to finding time for selfies and wearing my new kimono from The Oxford Trunk. 


Hello to shopping at the mall and finding toys while you're there, too. 


Hello to that little blur that is my child. Tuesday we went to a jump place right near our hotel. Since it is James' favorite place we thought it would be fun to go with his cousins. 


^^ Derek and his niece Charlotte.

They all loved it. 


Hello to a cousin dog pile. 

Other things we did on Tuesday- Went out for lunch and dinner and took James to his first movie Despicable Me 2. HE SAT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING!! You guys, this is huge! I am so proud of him and this means there are a ton more movies in our future!!


^^ The worst photo but proof of James' first movie experience. 

Hello Wednesday-

Wednesday was our Disney day. Here are some photos- 


^^ My overalls came and they are amazing!!




^^ Loving Jungle Cruise




We went to visit my family at night for dinner after Disney, went to Costco...


Where James tried on a fur coat and was very fabulous.. And then we called it a night. 

Hello Thursday-

Thursday we checked out of Disney, dropped James off at my parents house and started our wedding anniversary stay cation. We checked into a super nice Embassy Suites in South Orange County. We did breakfast at Mimis, Lunch at Javier's Cantina (so fancy and nice), and were way to full for dinner so we just did happy hour and the jacuzzi at our hotel. We saw two movies- Elysium and We Are The Millers and I would give both two thumbs up. We also did some shopping. A few photos from that day- 





Hello Friday-

Friday I woke up feeling like a fat cow for two reasons. One because I had about 6,000 calories on our anniversary the day before which is way up from my normal 1400. And two because I had to milk my engorged boobs since my child want there to do it for me. TMI SORRY. 

Anyway, Friday our hotel had a glorious breakfast but I was too full so I just had a Starbucks. We went shopping ALL DAY, literally 8 hours (I love my husband) and got tons of new clothes at South Coast and Fashion Island. We had lunch and then at night we saw Kick Ass 2 (ok but pretty dang bloody) and had dinner after at Karl Strauss Brewery which was amazing! Then it was back to our hotel for happy hour and movies. Here are a couple photos I snapped- 





Hello Saturday-


Saturday my husband had to go to school down here (it was actually great timing that we already happened to be down) so I had breakfast at the hotel solo style and then my mom and James came to spend the day with me. I was so excited to see James! I missed him so much! Derek and my dad went out for a fun "mans night" while we stayed back. I usually stay with my family every time we come down to visit so since we were at hotels this time it was nice that I still got a little time with my mom. A few photos-




Hello Sunday- 

Sunday we checked out of our hotel, loaded up the car, and headed to meet Derek's family for one last hoorah. We did Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland, our favorite! 





Then Derek's fam had to catch their plane back to Seattle and we went to pick up our Sweet Lou pup at my moms and said goodbye to my fam and headed back home to Bakersfield. Then we did all the fun unloading, unpacking, errands, and grocery shopping that needed to be done. Ugh, coming home from vacations is the worst. 

Derek and I have decided that we are going to make a point of doing one night away and alone together every month. We really don't get date nights and he works so often so we are going to try really hard to at least have that one day and night away somewhere nice each month. I'm really looking forward to it! 

So needless to say, our week was beyond amazing and I'm really sad it's over. Today it is time to get back into the swing of things. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, and all that fun stuff. I can't complain too much, my day to day life may not be as exciting as a vacation, but it almost is and I am so blessed this life is mine. 

How was your week? Did you do anything exciting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment